Winterville Community Center
Community and Culture in Winterville, Georgia
Winterville Community Center
Rental Terms of Service
Thank you for selecting our facility for your event. We hope your event is enjoyable. We want to remind everyone of the care that must be taken to keep this facility clean for everyone to enjoy. This is a restored historic building, and it requires respectful care. Please take the time to review the steps necessary to leave the Winterville Community Center as it was when you arrived for your party or event. It’s possible there may be an event earlier/later than your event or the next day. If any steps in cleaning up after your party before vacating the premises is not performed, you will be charged accordingly. Renter is responsible for damage or missing supplies or equipment from any of the rooms, including but not limited to supplies, equipment, furniture, audio/video equipment, artwork, trophies, or any Winterville Community Center property.
All Renters are responsible for the following:
- Trash Removal of all garbage is to be taken home or to the dumpster at the Fire Station. All trash must be bagged, and no loose trash is allowed in the cans. To get to the Fire Station, turn out of the parking lot onto Winter St., take the next left (also Winter St.), then turn right onto N. Church Street and drive all the way to the stop sign. Go straight and take the first left-hand turn into the Fire Station parking lot. The dumpster is located straight ahead at the end of the lot. NOTE: DO NOT use the dumpsters located behind the Community Garden. Those are for recyclables only.
- Cleaning. Sweep and mop the floors after your event, as there may be another event or class following yours. Cleaning the kitchen area to its original condition including the sinks, countertops, appliances, and floors is the responsibility of the Renter. The Center has cleaning supplies in the janitor’s closet for your use.
- Bring necessary supplies such as paper towels, plates, napkins, cups, coffee & condiments, tablecloths, salt & pepper, can opener, foil or plastic wrap, utensils, serving dishes, cleaners, and whatever else you think you will need. There are some utensils, dishes, and pots available for your use located in the cabinets and drawers.
- Decorations and supplies can be used to decorate tables. NOTHING is permitted to be applied to the walls, floors or ceilings that can cause damage to these surfaces. Wax candles or anything with an open flame is prohibited, but battery-operated candles may be used. You must use leak proof containers for all live plant decor.
- Furniture (tables, chairs, equipment, etc.) may not be brought outside the building unless approved by the Interim Director.
- Third-Party Vendors. All deliveries, catering services, and setup must take place on the same date as contracted for the rental during booked times. The facility must be returned to its original condition immediately after the event and vacated by 11 PM. The Renter or a designated person must be present while the caterers are here.
- Using the Winterville Community Center offices or rooms as dressing rooms or storage is prohibited. Renters may ONLY use the rooms as stated on their contract.
- No Smoking or Illegal Substance Usage. No smoking or illegal substances are allowed inside or outside within 20 feet of the building. Pick up all smoking debris left on the grounds by your guests. Tip: Provide a receptacle for cigarette butts.
- Music. Be sure your band knows that set up and break down can only take place during rental times. Amplified music (stereo system, speaker, band, DJ., etc.) inside the facility MUST be registered with the City of Winterville Police Department at least 72 hours before the event if the noise will be heard more than 100’ outside (for example: with doors open).
- Security for Guests and Personal Property. The Winterville Community Center is not responsible for any belongings left on the premises, including vehicles in the parking lot. Any found objects will be placed in our Lost & Found box and may be retrieved the next business day. Be sure to remind your guests to protect their personal property.
- Emergency Exits and Equipment. Take note of the location of fire exits and fire extinguishers throughout the facility.
- No Transferal of Agreement. Using the facility for the purposes set out in the contract and for no other purposes. This contract may not in whole or in part be assigned, transferred, or sublet by the renter. Rental fees are subject to change without notice.
- Alcohol. The City of Winterville has a beer and wine ordinance (NO DISTILLED SPIRITS) that stipulates that alcohol in any city-owned building must be served by a state-licensed bartender. The renter must take a copy of the bartender's license to City Hall and get a temporary permit costing $50.00.
Unless you are instructed otherwise, at the end of your event, the Director will inspect the building and return the amount of your deposit that is not needed to clean the building.
STATEMENT OF AGREEMENT
- The City of Winterville agrees to allow the Renting Party to use the Winterville Community Center with the understanding by both parties of the following:
- Renter agrees to pay all applicable fees and deposits as set forth above. Renter understands that all fees must be paid in full at the time of reservation as confirmation of your rental. Fees may be paid by cash, check, or credit or debit card. This Rental Agreement serves as your receipt. There will be a $25 service charge for returned checks.
- Renter agrees to prohibit the conduct of illegal activities on the rented premises during the period of this agreement. Renter further agrees to maintain orderly conduct and promote proper and lawful use of the facility/property and abide by applicable Ordinances as set forth by the government of the City of Winterville. Failure on behalf of the Renter to abide by the laws of the State of Georgia and the Ordinances of the City of Winterville may result in this Agreement being voided immediately and deposit forfeiture. Additionally, the Renter will be required to vacate the premises upon immediate notice by any City of Winterville official.
- The Renter agrees to supervise children by an adult over the age of 18, including trips to and from the restrooms.
- The Renter agrees to pay for all repairs resulting from any damage to the premises during this agreement period.
- The Renter agrees to return the Facility and surroundings to the state of cleanliness and order as when first occupied by the Renter or risk deposit forfeiture.
- Renter agrees to indemnify, protect, and hold harmless the City of Winterville, its officers, officials, employees, agents, and servants from all claims, demands actions, suits, damages, loss and expense of whatever kind of nature to any person or to any property arising out of or in connection with the Agreement herein for the utilization of said facility and to pay for any costs associated with the above resulting from the use of the Facility by the Renter.
- No open fires/grills will be permitted in any structure or within fifteen (15) feet of a structure.
- No tobacco products are allowed in any city building.
- Reservations may be canceled by noon 48 hours before rental date without penalty and may forfeit the deposit without the 48-hour notice of cancellation.
- Set-up and clean-up must be done during your contracted rental time.
- Renter agrees to only use the rooms as contracted. Additional cost may be applied for use of other rooms.
- Renters may not enter premises before the agreed rental period to avoid risk of deposit forfeiture.
- User has received and will adhere to all the facility Rules and Regulations included in this packet. All rules and regulations apply to you, decorators, caterers, photographers, DJ or band and any other third-party entity participating in your event.
- Renter risks deposit forfeiture for breaking these rules and regulations.
Renter has read the above information and agrees to abide by these rules and regulations and by these terms of facility use. Renter agrees to indemnify and hold the City of Winterville and the Winterville Community Center harmless against all claims arising out of the use of the facility. Failure to observe all rules stated above may jeopardize refund of deposit.